Home / News at Ten / Media enquiries
Please contact Ten communications manager Catherine Allan,
d: 0844 371 5750
Ten can offer trend analysis, high-quality information and comment, as well as high-profile contacts. Our CEO and COO will be happy to provide whatever pithy comments or quotes you need. We will always meet your deadlines.
For example, we can tell you:
- How people are spending their money – most popular gifts this year
- What the top ten requested high-performance cars are this year
- The number one concern of head teachers this academic year
- The most efficient way of saving energy in your home
- Why Ten is booming in a recession
- How household brands are using concierge to boost customer loyalty
- We can also arrange interviews with our members to your brief
- UK representative in the European Business Awards
- Management Today Business Heroes Awards, Borderless Business (highly commended)
- Bett Awards, Leadership and Management Solutions (shortlisted)
- Growing Business Awards: Customer Excellence Award (shortlisted) - two years running
- Fast Growth Business Awards: Service Business of The Year
- Growing Business Awards: Outstanding Service Award
- 98th in the Virgin Fast Track 100
- 64th in the Virgin Fast Track 100
- 46th in the Real Business Hot 100
- Sharp Edge: Best Service Business
- Spears Wealth Management awards: Best Concierge Service
- Praised for innovation by NESTA in several research reports
Alex set up Ten in 1998 as the first lifestyle and home management service in the world. He has established it as the leading example of a scalable, profitable, personalised service business, inventing the term and service ‘lifestyle management'.
He set up his first business when he was 13 and has established several others since then, including two at Oxford University while studying Politics, Philosophy and Economics.
He worked as a cowhand in Brazil at the age of 18 (a disaster) and a curtain cloth salesman in a Walthamstow market at the age of 14. His corporate experience before setting up Ten derives from many years working across brands, departments and geographies at Procter & Gamble, the iconic ‘big corporate'.
Alex is a celebrated speaker on issues ranging from all types of service businesses to public sector reform and from different and changing global cultures to innovation in business.
Number of staff: 350 spread across our offices in London, Hong Kong, New York, Miami and San Francisco.
Languages spoken: 20 by two or more staff, 22 in total at the last count. We have dedicated English, Russian, Mandarin, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Turkish speaking teams, among others.
Number of members: 1 million eligible members – we classify as people who are, at this moment in time, able to fully access our service.
Commission structure: We aim to access everything we do quicker, better and cheaper than our members can do themselves. This means that we don’t add mark-ups onto tickets, flights, cars and services (or anything else for that matter).
Membership referral: More than 95% of our members come directly from referrals from existing members.
News at Ten
The latest news and views from Ten Group
Ten in the news
Press and media coverage from across the Ten Group
Representing the UK
Ten has been selected as one of 25 UK Country Representatives in the 2011 European Business Awards.
Ten Group to increase global reach with four new international offices