History and awards
Ten was founded in 1998 by Alex Cheatle and Andrew Long as a small operation with a compelling vision – to provide personalised service that would help its members get the most from life.
Alex and Andrew began providing a pioneering lifestyle concierge service to 20 members in London. The more requests they took on, the better the business got. As its reputation, contacts and expertise grew, Ten expanded its private membership base. In 2001 Ten won its first corporate contract to provide concierge on behalf of a major banking group. It now runs more than 70 customer and employee loyalty schemes with more than two million members worldwide.
Ten’s global growth accelerated rapidly from 2007 and subsequently opened offices in San Francisco, New York, Miami, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Singapore, Shanghai, Tokyo, Cape Town, Mumbai, Dubai, Brussels, São Paulo and Melbourne (in addition to London and Maidenhead in the UK) and employs more than 350 staff worldwide. In 2008, Ten was placed 64th in the Fast Track 100 ranking of Britain's fastest-growing private companies.
Ten’s service has always been underpinned by a simple model. It recruits and trains experts from particular sectors. This expertise and experience is then efficiently and intelligently shared across the international offices via a bespoke knowledge management system. Whenever a member contacts Ten, they will be speaking to a bright, well-resourced individual who will quickly understand and respond to the request.
- UK representative in the European Business Awards
- Management Today Business Heroes Awards, Borderless Business (highly commended)
- Bett Awards, Leadership and Management Solutions (shortlisted)
- Growing Business Awards: Customer Excellence Award (shortlisted) - two years running
- Fast Growth Business Awards: Service Business of The Year
- Growing Business Awards: Outstanding Service Award
- 64th in the Virgin Fast Track 100
- 46th in the Real Business Hot 100
- Sharp Edge: Best Service Business
- Spears Wealth Management awards: Best Concierge Service
- Praised for innovation by NESTA in several research reports
As its reputation, contacts and expertise have grown, Ten has expanded quickly and it now runs more than 100 customer and employee loyalty schemes for major financial corporations and luxury brands’
Discover how Ten’s concierge and loyalty solutions will benefit your company
Mission and values
We put our members at the centre of everything we do
Facts and figures
The facts and figures behind our success
Our international directors are on hand to discuss Ten’s services in more detail